Here is 2.4.0-alpha1 release. I've spent most of the time on redesigning the interface code. The change is not really visible for a user, but it was necessary for further development, the old code couldn't be maintained any more. This caused also that despite of the long time between 2.3.0 and 2.4.0-alpha1, there are less changes than in previous alpha1 releases. What you can see just after compiling and running this version is the change in the interface layout as you can see on screenshots. This is first such a change from the beginning of MOC. Please comment this version on forum.
All changes are:
- Layout of the main window can be changed using Layout options.
Switching between layouts is done using the 'l' key and now TAB is used to
switch between the playlist and the directory menu. For example, you can
configure the layout to see both the playlist and a directory content.
- Redesign of the interface code. This is a big change in the code, but not
really visible to the user. It was necessary to maintain and extend the
interface in the future.
- Tags are cached at the server side and read in a separate thread. The
interface is not locked until the tags are read. Size of the cache can be
adjusted using TagsCacheSize.
- Numbering items in the playlist. Can be turned off using
- MusicDir can be a playlist.
- Commands: --append, --clear, --play work now as expected even if there is
no client running.
- Use full paths instead of just file names for displaying on the playlist.
- Silent seeking can be configured using SilentSeekTime option.
- After adding a file to the playlist, the cursor is moved down.
- The help screen's position is kept when it's not displayed.
- Some operations like deleting items from the playlist should now be
- Added moca_theme. (Nicola Vitale)
- Added red_theme. (yyz)