Long awaited 2.3.0 release is here. There are many new features (full list is here).
Most important are:
- Network streams (shoutcast, icecast, regular HTTP, FTP). You can load an
m3u file with a URL or use the 'o' command.
- JACK output (by Alex Norman).
- Added support for musepack (mpc).
- Added support for speex format.
- The search command filters out not matching elements from the menu and
allows to walk through the items like in the regular menu.
- Plugins: to drop dependencies from many exotic libraries, support for
file formats was moved to shared libraries. This should help making MOC
packages in future when more formats will be added.
- Sample rate conversion using libsamplerate and some sound conversions
like 16bit -> 24bit etc. With 24bit sound cards 24bit output is used with
- Added support for PLS version 2 playlists.
- New theme: Yellow/Red (by Morten Grunnet Buhl).
- Added commands to set volume from 10% to 90% in 10% steps, default
bindings are ALT-1 to ALT-9.
- Added commands to quickly go to a selected directories (by Alex Norman).
- Added --info command line option that prints all information about the
currently played file. (Based on the code by Michael Banks)
- Two mixer channels can be set in the configuration file. They can be
switched at run time by pressing x.
- Added SeekTime option: how fast the seeking is. (Kamil Tarkowski)
- When going to a directory using the i command, TAB completes to the
matching part of ambiguous directories.
- Added UseRealtimePriority (default no) option: set realtime priority for
the output buffer thread.