MOC 2.5.0-beta1 Released
I've started nearly every week for the last three months thinking that by the weekend the next release of MOC would be out. But each week, for one reason or another, it kept on not happening... until now!
It's been a long time in the making, but we're proud to announce the release of MOC 2.5.0-beta1. This version has been the subject of a great amount of development and consequently a great amount of testing, so we're expecting that the stable MOC 2.5.0 version will follow shortly. Of course, any reported problems will be investigated and fixed if possible before the stable release, but no new functionality will be added before then.
Changes in this release can be summarised as:
- Autotools and packaging changes,
- Improved support for embedded systems,
- New and changed audio driver capabilities,
- New and changed audio decoders,
- Overhaul of the FFmpeg/LibAV decoder,
- New and improved audio reproduction features and fixes,
- General configuration file changes,
- New and changed configuration file options,
- New command line options,
- Screen handling changes and fixes,
- New and updated client interaction features,
- Improved text entry history and editting,
- Theme changes and fixes,
- General code cleaning,
- Significant bugs fixed, and
- Many miscellaneous improvements and fixes.
See the included NEWS file for more details and the SVN log for exact details.
For this release we have created a new MOC Release Signing Key and the source tarball will be signed using this new key. The key is signed by both Damian Pietras (who used his key personal to sign the previous releases) and myself so that should go some way to assuring you of its authenticity.
pub 2048R/2885A7AA 2012-10-02 Key fingerprint = 5935 9B80 406D 9E73 E805 99BE F312 1E4F 2885 A7AA uid MOC Release Signing Key sub 2048R/E6D3B213 2012-10-02