Almost two years after the last release I want to inform that there is some developing work on MOC. At some time I decided to change many things, the bigger is that now MOC is split into the client and the server. I also wanted to fix some design issues. The best way was to rewrite the code. This has some drawbacks, for example completly new bugs, and lack of good changelog between the latest release and the current code. Also, an important thing is that the executable file has changed the name to mocp due to conflict with QT meta object compiler.
I would like you to try and test new MOC. I would be happy if you send me bug reports or suggestions. You can get the code using Subversion, a replacement for CVS (many projects have switched, for example SpamAssassin). The URL for svn is: svn://daper.net/moc/trunk. Go to download section to see how to use the svn command to get the code or to download the snapshot named moc-2.0.0-alpha1.tar.gz.
A list of changes (visible to useres) is here:
- Split into client-server, you can detach the interface and leave the server playing songs in the background (keys: q - background, Q - quit).
- Output buffer with seperate thread.
- Using OSS directly - better stop and pause.
- Support xterm resizing.
- Using xterm title.
- Autonext option (X key).
- Faster reading directory contents.
- Displaying time left to the end of the songs.
- Fixed moving through symlinked directories.
- Renamed executable file to mocp due to conflict with QT meta object compiler.
- Do not allow displaying bitrate too fast to read it.
- Fixed compilation with pthreads, better configure.
- Fixed problems when compiling with gcc 3.3
- Fixed displaying window title longer than the window.
- Space key working as pause.
- Fixed possible segfault in trenary expressions.
- Removed version checker.
- Fixed sorting directories ('../' was not always on top).
- Fixed escaping characters in config file, no need for '\\\\'.
- Stronger checking for parse errors in configuration file.
As the time of writing, there is no working seek in MOC, no command line switches, and no support for wave format.