Here is it: 2.5.0-alpha1. This release wouldn't be possible without contribution from few people, mainly Hendrik Iben (MIDI and Modplug plugins) and Jack Miller (OnSongChange and other features and fixes), but there are more names in the changelog. I'm proud that MOC got to the point where my role is more like a maintainer than an author.
This release includes a demanded option: running a command when song changes. It should be useful for example to scripts that submit data to last.fm. If you think you need something more flexible or have any comments on that, please use the forum.
The full changelog is here:
- Add Modplug support. (Hendrik Iben)
- Add MIDI plugin that uses libtimidity - an interface to TiMidity, software-only MIDI sequencer. (Hendrik Iben)
- Add OnSongChange option which runs a program/script when song is changed. (Jack Miller)
- Add Y command to prune unreadable files from the playlist. (tyranix)
- Fix for compilation with FLAC 1.1.3. (Josh Coalson)
- Support for filenames and directory names recoding using librcc. (Alexey Gladkov)
- Add a command line option --volume for setting volume. (Jack Miller)
- Add -t/--on/-off options to change next/repeat/shuffle options. (Jack Miller)
- Add average bitrate field to the output of mocp -i. (Jack Miller)
- Add support for "speaker" mixer channel in OSS. Seems to be the only channel that affects volume on iMac (reported by Francesco Versaci).
- Workaround for Shoutcast streams that have a static title in their metadata (like a radio station name) and the actual title as tags/comments in the stream data.
- Empty key list for a command in the keymap file is possible.
- Fix escape key handling. (Jack Miller)
- Fix CTL-key combinations in entries. (Jack Miller)
- Fix receive errors handling with internet streams.
- Fix a memory leak when reading FLAC tags.
- Fixed "mocp -e directory" command in case when no client is running and the playlist is not empty.
- Fix ffmpeg build failure due to LOG_H defined by ffmpeg headers.
- Fix reading PLS playlists with more than 9 entries.
- Disable 24bit output by default due to reported problems with some sound card. It can be enabled by setting Allow24bitOutput option to yes.
- Fix configure script: libiconv is required to build moc.